Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hire Patrick Coffin

I want a new job. I hate recruiting, not just because of its many inherent torture factors, but mainly because it will never result in a green card.

It's the green card that I want. My TN visa is long past its original usefulness.

Which means, I must get a job that bears a substantial relationship to my education. Which means a job in the area of education or writing. Or thereabouts. Ideally, I'd like it to be in the entertainment industry that has some openness to a Christian worldview. Like, creative development. I can also host a radio show.

A green card will also enable my talented wife to launch her handmade fine jewelry importing business and make the Coffin family a handsome pile of dough.

And so, my three loyal Seize the Dei readers, I call upon thee and thine for a NEW JOB. or at least prayers for same.

Amen.

5 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

I'm considering offering you the job of homeschooling my children. That's your field, isn't it?


The pay isn't very good.....
Well, the pay is nothing. But the eternal rewards are great, I am told.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

I'm on. When do I start, and can I have paid holidays for months that end in ber, ch, ril, ust, and uary?

Sweet!

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Justine said...

If that doesn't work out for you, Patrick, I'll hire you to write for my blog. And I'll go 50-50 with you on the profits.

But seriously, you have my prayers.

Is Lisa hiring again, by any chance?

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Lisa. Lisa. Hmmm. Doesn't sound familiar.

4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could offer you employment as my very own personal magician/entertainer. I could bring you to university cocktail parties where you can "wow" book nerds with magic tricks and feats of memory. Perhaps you could recite "Paradise Lost" backwards.

Then again, at my current salary and student loan payments, I would have to pay you sweatshop wages.

Better stick with whatcha got, methinks.

8:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home