Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Heavy Metal monk

Some people will object to what this monk is doing, and to the distance he puts between his stage act and overt evangelization.

To me, it's not much different in nature (although the externals are wildly different) from selling jams and bad art.

When asked, he strongly affirms his faith and the zeal he has for his priesthood. How many parish priests will ever come across the typical audience member of a heavy metal concert?

Heavy metal isn't my cuppa, but neither is rap, the musical performance genre of choice for Father Stan Fortuna.

Something about being all things to all men. And all gangstas. And all Led Zep fans.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

"To me, it's not much different in nature...from selling jams and bad art. "

Ha! Love it!

If I were a little hipper I think I would write LOL.

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Hey, woman. How 'bout ROFL?

12:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home