Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Meme comes full circle



This was inevitable. Cindy Sheehan meets the real president, then the fake one. You tell me she's not being used by the Left.

I was listening to a clip this morning of her appearance on Bill Maher's show. Am I the only one excessively irritated by that thin, reedy voice and emotionally flat affect? I would think a good psychiatrist could tell you a lot about the poor woman's repressed grief. Maher's first question: "So how are you doing?" Mrs. Sheehan's reply: "Great. I'm doing great."

Your son died in combat a matter of months ago; your husband divorces you a matter of weeks ago; your mother suffers a stroke a matter of days ago.

And you're doing great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home