Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The awards are coming! The awards are coming!

The Catholic Blog Awards are now accepting nominations.

I know, I know, you probably need more than three regular readers to qualify, but whatever. I'm already fantasizing about red carpets, paparazzi, and nervously unfolding my acceptance speech to a emotionally moved audience.

"Thank you so much for this "Best Blog on Culture, Cinema and Catholicism By a Canadian Living In the 661 Area Code" Award.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been nominated. You rock.

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

I can't get my "anons" straight, but hey -- thanks a bazillion.

3:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nominated you for most humourous, best dressed, and best tan for a Canadian.

7:30 AM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

LOL! Thanks, J. BTW, I'm watching Michael Flatley in "Lord of the Dance." Great Irish dancing, but what's with the face paint and weird arm gestures? "Riverdance" is so...quaint by comparison.

8:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeesh! Lord of the Dance was the Irish answer to the Macarena. Michael Flately has mercifully faded into Vegas lounge show obscurity. I watched an interview where he blamed the lack of arm movement in traditional Irish step dance on the mean old Catholic Church cracking down on the frolicking dancers.

I must admit I did like Riverdance. God Bless Jean Butler.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Jean Butler's a babe and a half. Very classy.

Mike has a bit of "I'm NOT gay" in that swagger of his.

Yes, and we all know that any arm movement in dance signifies the urgent need to fornicate.

10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't 661 in Omaha?

Patrick P.

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home