Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Shock! Man whore returns to the biz

The Democrats sure know how to inspire 'em to run for public office.

Former Dallas community theatre actor and Mary Kay salesman Tom Malin (cough cough gay man cough) is running for a seat in the Texas House. It seems his past job as a male prostitute might even serve as a plus.

In fact, he's unsure whether working as a man whore billed as Todd Sharpe was such a bad thing.

"I've made mistakes in my life, and I've stood before my creator and I've accepted responsibility for my behavior," Malin told The Dallas Morning News today.

But he's quick to add: "I don't regret my past, nor do I wish to shut the door on my past."

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In fact, he's unsure whether working as a man whore billed as Todd Sharpe was such a bad thing.

Not out here in California (might even become veh-ry tren-dy), but it might in Texas.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Keep repeating the context, though: Democrat, Democrat, Democrat.

I guarantee if Mr. Ex-Prostitute had an R after his name, this would be Big News.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Exactly. Never thought of that! He doesn't want to lose the hooker vote -- a sizable Dem constituency.

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone who CLAIMS to be a catholic, you don't seem to put much faith in Redemption!

9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous 9:31,

To be redeemed one must repent.

This fellow doesn’t seem very repentant.

11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, He also "CLAIMS" to be a male and a republican. Where's the proof?

Patrick also claims to be a Canadian which I'm inclined to believe since no one would lie about that.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Does magical thinking cause salvation, Anon? This guy doesn't know whether to regret it, or hold it close to his heart as a nice life experience.

Authentic redemption isn't automatic nor is it even possible for those who don't, or won't, break from calling thinsg their proper name.

Bringing in self-absolving religious references a s a way to silence critics? Puh-lease.

Joe: The guy is a Dem, and proud of it, not GOP. Where did you get he was a Republican?

- The non-lying Canuck.

12:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops!

he =patrick

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Being a Canadian, I can't be GOP or Green or even Losertarian. Only a recovering liberal.

As for my sex, well, let's just say you make me feel like a natural woman.

2:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget that he was a prostitute did you see he was a salesman and an actor! (shudder)

6:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home