Annoying phrases redux
1 - At the end of the day
2 - Fairly unique
3 - I personally
4 - At this moment in time
5 - With all due respect
6 - Absolutely
7 - It's a nightmare
8 - Shouldn't of
9 - 24/7
10 - It's not rocket science
* Using impact as a verb. "How will this impact the group?"
* When you say, thank you" to a store clerk or waiter, and he or she grunts, "uh huh," instead of "you're welcome.
* My bad.
* No worries.
* No biggie.
* Don't go there (that's sooo 1997).
* Just sayin.'
* "In the tank for," as in, "the media is in the tank for Obama." (This one cropped up during the election marathon, as "gravitas" did in 2000 to describe what Dick Cheney brought to the Bush ticket.)
* Yadda yadda yadda. (Hasn't Seinfeld been off the air for a decade?)
* Saying "waiting on" when you mean, "waiting for."
* Literally when you mean figuratively. (This one has really got to go!)
* That said....
* At the end of the day...
* "Can't cut the mustard." (It's "can't pass muster," a military term about drill inspections.
* "Graduated high school," instead of graduated from high school.
* Out of pocket, meaning "not available."
* It's like/you know...
* You go, girl.
* You da man.
* Dude as the first word in any sentence.
* Press one for English.
I have to stop there; getting a headache.