Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bono gives self upgrade from pompous ass

This just in. U2 frontman/political genius/third world advocate/ambassador to the poor/multi-millionaire Bono has increased his self-esteem to stratospheric levels.

"I'm representing the poorest and the most vulnerable people. On a spiritual level, I have that with me. I'm throwing a punch, and the fist belongs to people who can't be in the room, whose rage, whose anger, whose hurt I represent."

Like, he's a living embodiment of the lesser brother of Matt 25. And apparently still hasn't found what he's looking for.

Please. I know his heart is in the right place. If only his brain wasn't on Pluto.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not agree more!!!

4:44 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Maybe he feels guilty for being so successful that he feels compelled to over-compensate by pretending to be the personal rep of the poor. Absurd, either way.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home