Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Canada one-ups gay marriage: parody now allowed to marry reality

Lucky for me, Canada is never a cause for embarrassment. Ever.

This gem hits all the usual notes in one handy news story: the anti-military sentimentality, the Bush hatred, the smug quote from Prime Minister Paul Martin.

And, oh, yeah, the standing O following the speech by the 60s political has-been in which he, um, talks seriously of diplomacy with space aliens.

Hat tip to my friend Mark Embrey.

7 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Prescott said...

So, have you actually applied for US citizenship yet?

Patrick Prescott

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

I don't have a proper visa. #@$%!!!!!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Patrick Prescott said...

Who cares anyway? Just pretend you only speak Spanish and no one will bother you.

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Except that everyone here speaks Spanish as their first language. They can tell I'm faking it.

11:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! It works! I can post now! Hooray!

But now I have nothing intelligent to say. Figures.

-Justine

2:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justine,

That never stops me.

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Joe and Justine (or is your name really Anonymous?):

Just keep saying dumb things, keep replying to my insipid comments, and my site meter will appear to be drawing more readers (oooh, look at *that* guy -- over TEN PEOPLE have commented. Must be a fanTASTic blog.)

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home