Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

God forgive me for what I'm about to do

I'm going to post the YouTube clip of Miss South Carolina (whose blonde tresses, I tell you, are IRRELEVANT to the story) answering a question about why so few people can find America on a map. Normally, I wouldn't post human mistakes like this because who among us is immune from embarrassing "blank" moments when under pressure? No one's perfect, right?

But this clip is something amazing to behold. The poor girl digs herself deeper and deeper into a pit of -- what? -- you have to watch to see. An SNL comedy writer couldn't top it.

NB: NBC owns the pageant; so, naturally, our flaxen-haired rocket surgeon was invited by embarrassed execs to appear on The Today Show this morning for damage control.

4 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

I forgive you, Pat. I heard it on the radio and was just going to look it up.

5:43 AM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Hey J!

You're back. I'm back. What a beautiful thing.

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick,
I never left, I was just invisible for a time

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Patrick said...

Always wanted that skill.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home