Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What I'm reading now

I know my readers care deeply about every aspect of my life, so here is a tidbit to tide you over. Chunk by chunk, I'm reading the following:

America's Bishop: The Life and Times of Fulton J. Sheen by Thomas C. Reeves (definitive biography of one of the great heroes in my life; uncle Fultie is the bomb)

Introduction to Philosophy: The Perennial Principles of Classical Realism by Daniel Sullivan (exceptional summary from Heraclitus to modern philosophy by way of St. Thomas Aquinas)

The 12 Keys to Discipline: A Guide for Parents and Teachers by Ronald Morrash (practical tips on disciplining children and the teaching of good habits from a renowned Canadian educator)

Ask the Pilot by Patrick Smith (Salon.com's resident pilot-columnist applies his sparkling prose to everything you always wanted to know about flight but had no one to ask)

ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Judith Kohberg and Kathleen Nadeau, PhD (what can I say except, "Waaaahhh! I need help!)

The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue (my avocation is performing close-up magic)

What's got hold of your eye balls these days?

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

tjic:

Welcome to Seize the Dei. Well, for starters here are my picks: Lennart Green, Dai Vernon, Harry Lorayne, Oz Pearlman, Paul Green, Jay Sankey, Gregory Wilson, Michael Ammar.

11:36 AM

 
Blogger Patrick Prescott said...

Daniel Sullivan's book was required reading for HCC types.

I just finished McCollough's John Adams biography. Excellent. Amazing man. Amazing people, those founders.

Next up is "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference" (It was published in 2002, but I'm always way behind the curve.)

12:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home