Catholic commentary on culture, media, and politics.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Inside the Islamist mind

I cannot feel for you because I believe you are an infidel." So said Mohammed Bouyeri, the hijacker of the Religion of Peace murderer of Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh. His tender words were directed at Anneke Van Gogh, the grieving mother of the murder victim, who sat nearby in the Amsterdam courtroom. "I take complete responsibility for my actions," the 27-year-old Dutch-Moroccan national went on. "I acted purely in the name of my religion."

Which religion, uh, was he referring to? It's can't be Islam, which, we're told the highest number of times before infinity, takes a dim view of such inappropriate behavior.

You know you live in troubled times when a common sense description of the obvious is called "provocative" and "controversial;" namely that Islam provides good soil for terrorist weeds. The inimitable Mark Steyn writes that the Islamist threat will get far worse before it gets better as long as moderate Muslims avoid confronting the radicals in their midst.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moderates always seem to moderate any comment in any group, nature of the beast.
It amazes me when I hear people use language to understand Moslems actions, especially when they use the word infidel. That is a defense for hideousness crimes? In my moral makeup that would be a racist comment. It would seem that all people of good will could confront the root of the cause racism.

9:23 AM

 
Blogger terryvnd said...

I declare jihad on you.

Infidel.

9:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That terryvnd.... He seems nice.

3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home